About the Company:
Our Cambridgeshire based Client provides a complete range of food processing equipment and products and they’re looking to grow their design team. They solutions include; snack food high volume production lines, root crop processing, canning, coffee processing and offer the complete turn-key solution.
Working under their own initiative, with support from the close-knit Project Engineering team, fulfilling “inception to completion” design and draughting requirements for food processing lines (cradle to grave). Developing models and fabrication drawings. Sheet-metal formations and structural steelwork. Working to and delivering highly hygienic (food safe) design standards.
- Conversant with 2D & 3D CAD
- 3D SolidWorks trained and competent – industrial fabrication drawings
- Site survey of operating areas
- Steelwork design, load bearing calculations, fabrication drawings.
- Access walkways and staircase design and fabrication drawings.
- Risk assessments for the specific solutions and the interacting layout.
- Process layout refinement and design of interconnecting transfer chutes etc.
- Identify foot-loadings for interaction with construction companies.
- Identify utility connection points for the process layout.
- Amend layouts with “as installed” updates
- Experience within a similar role is essential and preferably:
- Food machinery design
- Hygienic food-safe solutions
- Fabrication processes
- CE marking, machinery directive and guarding requirements
- Experience in equipment & steelwork design and fabrication techniques
- Minimum 3 years industrial experience
- HNC / HND qualification in engineering
- Dynamic, enthusiastic and flexible approach
- Willing to travel (occasional need for UK and foreign site surveys)
- Commercial awareness applied to designing - value engineering approach
- Excellent people skills, clear communicator, team player
- Computer literate with working knowledge of:
- SolidWorks (parts, weldments, sheet-metal, piping, stress analysis)
- An innovative and forward thinking individual
- Highly organised with attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Self-motivated and solution focused
- Private healthcare after qualifying period.
- Additional holiday plan based on years of service.
- 20 days holiday (plus bank and public holidays)
- Company contributory pension scheme