A4 Plus are currently working with a highly reputable business in Peterborough who are looking for Design Engineers to assist them with an upcoming multi-million pound project. This contract could last up to 12 months.
We are ideally looking candidates with a background within the Oil and Gas sector. However, we will also consider candidates with experience of power generation, or surface modelling. Also any experience of designing pipework/layouts will be an advantage.
- Prepare general assembly (GA), process, electrical, instrumentation diagrams (P&ID’s) and design layouts for new or existing projects or proposals according to instructions from supervisors in SolidWorks CAD system.
- Produce manufacturing drawings in accordance with relevant standards and specifications, taking account of production programs and quality requirements.
- Prepared parts lists for issue in accordance with company computer system and established bill of material structure.
- Prepare component & sub assembly drawings for live projects
- Investigate and recommend to Project Managers or Mechanical Design Engineers any technical opportunities for cost reduction and alternative materials and methods. This is throughout the entire process.
- Provide technical assistance to new product development initiatives as required
- Schedule own work to meet manufacturing and delivery targets
- SolidWorks experience is essential
- Must have extensive experience in rotating equipment design (steam turbine preferable, but not essential)
- Experience in capital equipment in the oil and gas or power generation industry essential
- Must have experience of working with customer’s and their project specifications to understand their requirements
- Must be a self-starter with excellent customer service skills.
- Must be a driver for results with a proven track record of goal attainment.
- Confident and professional communication style, both written and oral.
- Must have the ability to gain the confidence and trust of team members while conveying support and concern for others.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work within a matrix-based organization.
- Excellent computer skills with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
For full details and to apply please send a full CV or call James at A4 Plus.