An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a successful business on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be joining a specialist DSEAR (Dangerous Substances Explosive Atmosphere Regulations) department as a Mechanical Design Engineer.
- Primary Responsibilities, are to provide Design Drawings, Design Calculations, Sales Support, Supplier Management and Documentation
- Prepare detailed 3D and 2D models, layouts assemblies and detailed drawings.
- Work within the DSEAR team providing guidance and support for other engineers where required
- Become familiar with detailed technical standards and directives associated with DSEAR.
- Help prepare estimates for new business opportunities
- Provide technical support for customers, suppliers, manufacturing, and installations teams.
- Carry out plant surveys using laser 3D scanning, and back-office software
This role will require extensive site work but can include remote working possibilities as well.
• Experienced SOLIDWORKS user, preferably with PDM experience
• Experienced in the design of food processing systems.
• Site surveying (preferably some cloud point experience)
• Structural design (preferably ANSYS)
• Management of installation sites
• Process design knowledge (P&ID’s, control integration, instrumentation)
Other Desirable Skills
• Consultancy related activity
• Project management
• Risk assessment
• DSEAR compliance
Salary - £42,000 - £50,000 dependent on experience
Full Time Position, with site, office, and remote working.
To apply please contact A4 Plus in March, or send a full CV.