Are you looking to sit and create drawings autonomously?
Do you want to be in an environment where the pace is slow and never changes?
Do you want to be making different versions of the same product?
Are you happy with a boring role that never presents new challenges?
Do you want to be just a number in a big corporate company?
Then this role is definitely NOT for you and you may as well stop reading here!
Founded in 1990, A4 Plus Limited is a Design Consultancy providing mechanical design expertise both at our fully-equipped design studio/workshop facility, as well as our customers offices via our Technical Recruitment department. Our workshop allows us to build and develop prototypes so that we can deliver to customers the full design pack alongside actual parts and working equipment.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Project Design Engineer to join the team here at A4 Plus Limited, someone with a flare for mechanical design coupled with an analytical approach to tough problems.
Pre-Sales – Accompany salesperson to client sites to provide technical knowledge and assist with quotations.
Project Management – Manage workload and determine project specifications and objectives
Design & Drawing Support - Creative problem solving and concept design generation backed-up by calculation / analysis / reporting / CAD simulation
You will need to have a good understanding of materials, manufacturing techniques and processes and an ability to assess suitable balances between precision and cost of manufacture.
To provide design and detailing/drawing expertise, working alone on design and detailing orientated tasks whilst managing others in the design team that may be assigned to assist you with any given project. Checking CAD models and drawings (thorough self-check and organising independent checking) for conformance to project requirement, Company procedures and Client standards.
Work will be varied, and projects will cover a mixture of technologies within many disciplines of engineering. Design projects, such as those concerning special purpose machinery for example, may also include elements of electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic arrangements where solutions and conceptual designs will need to be derived and evaluated, often via calculation and analysis. In such circumstances, you will be able to call on other resources as appropriate but must be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of all engineering principles.
- Relevant work experience
- Attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple projects at once and QC work from others who have supported;
- Proficient in SolidWorks – Inventor and AutoCAD would also be an advantage;
- Be the face of A4 Plus when communicating with clients and potential customers;
- Record and store all work related documents accurately in line with company policy;
- Thrive in a fast paced environment that is constantly gaining different projects;
- Proactively solve problems and find solutions when working on projects and for the business in general;
- HNC/HND desirable
- Driven by quality and precision
- Multi-disciplined project management experience – Mechanical, Electrical, Control Automation
- Commutable distance from March, Cambridgeshire and this is an office based role
Desired Technical knowledge:
- FEA knowledge
The nitty gritty details:
- Salary of up to £45,000 per year
- Free parking on site
- Extra days holiday days for long serving staff
- A modern and open plan design studio with hardware/software and kitchen facilities
Full job description available and will be sent if you are progressed to the next stage after application.