A4 Plus have an opportunity to join our team in a unique and exciting position. We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer/Draughtsperson to work full time at our client’s site in South Cambridge. You will be a full time, permanent member of A4 Plus’s design team (not a contractor) but will be hands-on with a client we have worked with for 5+ years.
We’re a successful CAD Design Consultancy in founded in 1990, We’re a highly regarded consultancy providing Mechanical Design Expertise to businesses across East Anglia (and beyond) at our fully equipped design studio and workshop facility.
Our customer is a global leader in composite technologies, with a large manufacturing facility in South Cambridge. Products made at site are used in the commercial aerospace industry.
- Mechanical Design using Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD. Typically you will be designing machine components, and factory components such as rollers, guarding, and machine bracketry.
- Revision Control, and drawing database upkeep
- P&ID’s and some electrical drawing updates
- Development work for larger design projects.
- Plant and Layout drawings.
- A skilled Mechanical Design Engineer with experience in the manufacturing sector.
- Experience in AutoDesk Inventor is essential
- Some experience in AutoCAD preferred
- Experience in a similar position
- Personable and works well in a team.
- Able to follow detailed instruction and work to time pressures
You will receive support and guidance from the on-site engineering team, as well as participate and contribute to the engineering teams meeting/discussions regarding ongoing projects. This is a truly unique opportunity with a competitive salary on offer.
Although not a fully remote role, some home working is possible with this position.
To apply please contact A4 Plus or apply to this advert.