You’ll be joining a small design office, assisting a successful family-run business, designing bespoke robotic handling solutions. This is a 360-degree design function where you’ll be responsible for all mechanical design, preparing manufacturing drawings (for both in-house manufacture and to sub-contracted manufacturers), organising / controlling all CAD files and drawings and ensuring conformance to customer specifications and the high-quality standards of the business.
Founded in the mid-nineties and using state-of-the-art technology, our Client is a thriving business and industry leader in their field - developing bespoke robotic handling solutions. Their extensive knowledge of robotics provides their customers with the assurance of first rate, high quality, efficient and effective production line equipment whatever the industry and whatever the application.
Key Job Requirements
- Conceptual and detailed mechanical design
- Preparation of drawings for manufacture
- Creation of customer proposal drawings
- Assist in evaluating, changing and improving Design Office procedures / practices
- Creating and updating BOM’s
- Reviewing all CAD documentation and updating to current specifications.
- Hands-on manufacturing and assembly / build experience
- Experience and full-working knowledge of AutoDesk Inventor CAD software
- Experience designing production/manufacturing process machinery equipment
- Understanding of BS8888 drawing standards and principles
- Proficiency in both 2D and 3D CAD and a good understanding of how to structure drawings, files and numbering systems, including revision control
- Self-starting, solution focused attitude with an ability to self-manage
- Attention to detail and able to self-check work and the work of others
- Good communication, at all levels but especially with suppliers and customers
- Able to manage workloads and prioritise
This role comes with a good salary, benefits, and the opportunity to learn, grow and develop with a well-established manufacturing business.