Mechanical Design Engineer (CAD – Inventor)
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a thriving business based in the Deepings area of Lincolnshire.
Are you looking for a role that offers variety? How about a role where your contributions are vital to the success of the business, and where you can make a real difference? Do you enjoy a challenge and motivated solving engineering problems for customers?
If you’ve answered yes this is the role for you!
You’ll be joining a small design office, assisting a successful family-run business, designing bespoke robotic handling solutions. This is a 360 degree design function where you’ll be responsible for all mechanical design, preparing manufacturing drawings (for both in-house manufacture and to sub-contracted manufacturers), organising / controlling all CAD files and drawings and ensuring conformance to customer specifications and the high-quality standards of the business.
Founded in the mid-nineties and using state-of-the-art technology, our client is a thriving business and industry leader in their field - developing bespoke robotic handling solutions. Their extensive knowledge of robotics provides their customers with the assurance of first rate, high quality, efficient and effective production line equipment whatever the industry and whatever the application.
What you will need:
- Hands-on manufacturing and assembly / build experience
- Experience and full-working knowledge of AutoDesk Inventor CAD software
- Experience designing production/manufacturing process machinery equipment
- Understanding of BS8888 drawing standards and principles
- Proficiency in both 2D and 3D CAD and a good understanding of how to structure drawings, files and numbering systems, including revision control
- Self-starting, solution focused attitude with an ability to self-manage
- Good communication, at all levels but especially with suppliers and customers
- Able to manage workloads and prioritise
In this role you will be the sole CAD resource for the business, and therefore you will have the opportunity to put your own mark on the department.
To find out more, please contact A4 Plus (March, Cambridgeshire) or send a full CV and we will be in contact within 48 working hours.