A4 Plus are currently working with a well-established business based in Haverhill to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer on a permanent basis. This company has a bespoke product range, which is successful and helping the business achieve substantial growth. We are looking for someone to join their design team at this exciting time, to help develop these products, and new ranges further.
This is a multi-skilled design role and will suit an experienced design engineer who wants to learn as well as apply their knowledge to the team.
Experience in any of the following is an advantage – electromechanical systems, abrasive machining, linear actuation, extraction systems, fluid dynamics, hydraulics, user interfaces, ergonomics, linear FEA, rendering incl animation, sheet metal, fabrication, precision components, rotating components.
- Creating 3D CAD Models and 2D detail drawing of new parts, fabrications, and assemblies
- Creating accurate technical documentation necessary for the specification, manufacture, assembly testing and support of machinery throughout the product lifecycle
- Other engineering design duties to support the rest of the business
- Continuous Improvement projects that will help ensure the companies core products are as reliable and durable as possible
- Designing and conducting practical functional test, reliability tests and user trials
- Designing Robust and elegant products, that are user friendly, user focused for manual, semi-automated or PLC control
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic designer, with excellent attention to detail and a flair for creative problem solving.
We are looking for a candidate who is:
- Degree Educated in a relevant engineering discipline
- Excellent 3D CAD skills (SolidWorks experience preferred)
- In depth understanding of draughting practice including tolerancing
- Sound Knowledge of MRP, BOM’s and product data management systems
To apply please send a Full CV or contact James at A4 Plus for more details.