A4 Plus are in a period of growth and taking on new projects. We are therefore looking for a new team member to join us on the next stage of our journey. Founded in 1990, A4 Plus Limited is a Design Consultancy providing mechanical design expert at our fully equipped design studio/workshop facility.
We are looking for an experienced Project Design Engineer to join the team. As well as a flare for mechanical design, we want someone who will enjoy working on varied and unique projects, interacting with our customers, and providing a high-quality service to them.
We are a small team, and therefore you will play an important role in business. Your opinion will be required, valued and encouraged.
- Conceptualising Engineering solutions based upon client needs
- Creative problem solving and concept design generation backed up by calculation/ analysis/reporting/ CAD Simulation
- To provide design and detailing/drawing expertise, working alone on design and detailing orientated tasks whilst managing others in the design team that may be assigned to assist you with any given project.
- Checking CAD Models and Drawings for conformance to project requirement/client standards
- Be the face of A4 Plus when communicating with clients and potential customers;
- Record and store all work related documents accurately in line with company policy;
- Multi-disciplined project management experience – Mechanical, Electrical, Control Automation
- Able to manage multiple projects at once and QC work from others who have supported;
- Proficient in SolidWorks – Inventor and AutoCAD would also be an advantage;
- Thrive in a fast paced environment that is constantly gaining different projects;
- Proactively solve problems and find solutions when working on projects and for the business in general;
- HNC/HND desirable
- Driven by quality and precision
- Attention to detail
- Commutable distance from March, Cambridgeshire and this is an office based role
Desired Technical knowledge:
- FEA knowledge
The nitty gritty details:
- Salary of up to £45,000 per year
- Free parking on site
- Extra days holiday days for long serving staff
- A modern and open plan design studio with hardware/software and kitchen facilities