A new Permanent position has arisen for a well-respected business based in East Cambridgeshire. Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of Bulk Materials Handling Equipment. They are looking currently for an Engineer to join their team and become a product specialist.
This role is full time, permanent, offering a competitive salary and benefits. You will be working for an award-winning business, who are a highly regarded employer.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for overseeing the projects from inception to completion. They will be the interface and support the proposal team in the first instance and then transition into project execution, providing follow-up support to the project management team ensuring that the phase follows the intended design and specification accurately in delivering what was sold to the customer. They will further oversee all external engineering support providers, ensuring calculations and technical solutions are delivered professionally, accurately and to the correct standards.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Supporting purchasing activities for each project by way of specifying and selection of suppliers in order to support budgeting for each project
- Providing engineering solutions to meet customer needs along with product development and innovation
- Effectively communicating with various stakeholders, and internal departments
- Liaising with key suppliers from proposal though execution of projects
- Other tasks as deemed necessary to support the engineering function of the business
For this role the successful candidate will need:
- Experience of Bulk Materials Handling machinery or heavy industrial sectors
- Skilled in the use of 3D CAD software (Preferably Autodesk Inventor, however training can be provided to other CAD software users)
- High Level of Technical Competence in Heavy Industry, Fabrication or Bulk Materials Handling
- A creative mind with a flair for providing solutions to complex engineering problems.
- Desired Qualifications: B.Eng or M.Eng in a technical discipline – ideally Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
This is a unique opportunity for someone to oversee engineering projects from start to finish and become a real expert in a thriving industry. This role will involve travel to customer sites, sometimes oversees. It will also be available as a partly remote-working role for the right candidate.
To apply please contact James at A4 Plus for more details or send your CV and we will be in contact within 48 hours.