We are currently working with a well-established, successful business based in Ely, Cambridgeshire. Due to expansion in their engineering team, we are looking for a Proposals Engineer to join them. This is a Technical Sales position where the correct candidate will be contributing to all aspects of producing project solutions, costings, and final proposal preparation from the initial enquiry. Our client provides bulk material handling solutions and has a range of tried and tested in-house products.
You will be offered an excellent salary, and company benefits. This role involves some international travel and offers an incredible opportunity to be involved with large scale capital projects for some of the world’s leading import/export businesses.
- With a Mechanical bias this technical sales position will contribute to the understanding of the structural limitations of solutions and assist in costing of such structures
- The technical sales position is the link from ‘opportunity’ to ‘actual’ and will actively contribute to the teams in all business locations to ensure our clients bids are competitive and at a consistent level of quality
- The role of the technical sales position is to deliver sales success by supporting the Sales team to deliver year-on-year growth
- This position will require a broad engineering background with key understanding of materials handling knowledge and fabricated steel structures
- Good and sound understanding of Bulk Handling equipment coupled with strong application knowledge and the ability to recognise where the Samson range of solutions would best suit the customers operations
- Create Project solutions based on the individual client’s needs with the aim to create final sales General arrangements, costing estimates and proposal documents
Key Skills Required:
- The ability to understand supporting structures and design process of such structures
- In-depth knowledge of Mechanical handling equipment and design process
- The ability to understand official RFQ (Request For Quotes) minimal assistance
- Must be able to read and understand Technical drawings
- Cohesive and inclusive team membership
- Constant innovator and client orientated solutions provider
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- AutoCAD 2D proficient /qualified (Autodesk AutoCad 2018)
- The ability to use Software to analyse Steel structures for estimation purposes
To apply please contact A4 Plus (March Cambridgeshire) or send a CV to this advert.