About the Company:
Based in King’s Lynn, our Client has been trading for nearly 30 years and their continued mission is to provide engineering excellence and innovation for all sectors of the food and pharmaceutical industries. They’ve developed a strong reputation for the design, manufacture and installation of high-quality food handling, preparation, processing and packaging equipment and systems. If you would like to train to become a Chartered Engineer, our client will help you achieve this.
A position has opened up for an experienced SolidWorks Design Engineer to join their successful team. The purpose of this role is to produce 3D detailed designs of process machinery such as conveyor systems and materials handling systems used within the food and pharmaceutical industries. This position will also allow our Client time to focus on R&D.
- Support the Sales Team with enquiries by creating 3D layout drawings and assisting with costing of machinery, estimates and proposals (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Design of machinery including, but not limited to, Conveyors, Vibratory equipment, Elevators and Lift & Tip units
- Site surveying with visits to Customer sites inside and (infrequently) outside of the UK.
- Steelwork design
- Risk assessment awareness / exposure
- Material strength awareness / exposure
- Prepare detailed 3D and 2D models, layouts, assemblies, and detailed drawings (SolidWorks)
- Design and detail for manufacture (SolidWorks)
- Some commissioning of equipment after installation
- Overtime will be necessary at times due to timescales and workshop loading
The successful Candidate will have the following attributes;
- Proficient with SolidWorks 2D & 3D
- Previous experience in the design of food systems / equipment or pharmaceutical equipment
- Ideally, you will have a background in stainless steel fabrication techniques and
- Awareness of hygienic standards and design of equipment
- Knowledge of electrical, Numatics and hydraulics to instruct Contractors (not done in-house)
- Project Management experience
- Site surveying experience
- Awareness of BS EN1090 standards
- Must hold a valid UK passport
- Must be willing and able to travel
- Flexible with working hours
- Monday – Thursday: 07:30am – 16:00pm, Friday: 07:30am – 15:00pm (30 mins lunch) 39 hours per week
- Full Time / Permanent
- An 8% non-contributory pension scheme is available after a probationary period.
- Overtime available
- Opportunities for development as the business grows